Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AIT drives [was SDLT vs LTO Ultrium]

2002-12-11 14:22:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AIT drives [was SDLT vs LTO Ultrium]
From: scurry AT yahoo-inc DOT com (Steve Curry)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:22:22 -0800
Yeah 85%+ of 300 tape drives are AIT2/3, but other divisions or acquisitions
use DTF2's or LTO.  Has anyone noticed that AIT3 drives are much more solid
than AIT2?  I haven't had a single AIT3 drive hiccup in the past 5-6 months
since we got em. :)  BTW if you use AIT3 be sure to upgrade your firmware, a
new upgrade just came out regarding tension on the cleaning tapes.

Steve Curry
Yahoo! Inc.