Veritas-bu

FW: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4 Win2K - validate catalog backups

2002-12-11 12:30:28
Subject: FW: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4 Win2K - validate catalog backups
From: LeeAnne.Pedersen AT gov.ab DOT ca (Lee Anne Pedersen)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:30:28 -0700
I've not had any responses to this question, so I thought I'd revise
it to include what I've discovered since posting it.

When the tape media I'm backing the catalogue up to is one of the two
defined catalogue media (changed either via the GUI or bpsyncinfo) the
backup has a DBBACKUP status in available_media. As soon as I remove
it from the configuration, it reverts back to AVAILABLE. I can set
the catalogue media to any of the previously written tapes, and each
displays as DBBACKUP.

Using vmquery, I see that the GUI-defined DBBACKUP tape has a status
of 0x1, but the others that should have it do not have a status,
hence AVAILABLE.

I was able to execute bprecover -l -tpath <filename> to verify that
the backups were on the tape.

I can clearly remember a point in time where I had multiple media with
a status of DBBACKUP. The only thing I can think of that has changed
was the application of the 341_3A patch in October.

Has anyone experienced this and/or have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lee Anne