Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L700 autoclean feature

2002-12-11 10:56:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L700 autoclean feature
From: Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:56:15 -0700
<snip>
> When you have an L700 with 2 different drive types in it (LTO 1 & DLT IV)
> can you use the autoclean feature? I have always prefered letting the
robot
> clean the tape drives rather than using Netbackup's.

I think that depends what kind of media you are using.

According to the L700 docs, an STK cleaning label will start with CLN and
end with U. Any other will just start with CLN. This kind of suggests that
you can use 2 different types of tape drives with autoclean only if you have
one STK type and one non-STK type. I've never put this to the test though.
Currently we have both 9840's and LTO's here, with autoclean turned on an
working. But this is a textbook case.

Jason

--
Jason Ahrens, Hosting Analyst