Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Catalogue Backup

2002-12-04 02:56:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Catalogue Backup
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 07:56:01 -0000
Hi everyone
So far the installation of my new Master Server is going quite well!
Netbackup 3.4 see's the ADIC Scalar 100 robot and all tape drives!

However, I cannot seem to backup the Netbackup Catalogue backups.
I have gone through the Wizard, specified the Media (2 media tapes) and told
the backups to run after every backup.

I ran a Manual Backup that completed ok however when the Catalogue Backup
tried to run it immediately took one of my drives down.

The Windows NT Event viewer shows the following:-

Adding media ID 0011L1 to unmountable media list

TLD(0) drive 2 (device 1) is being DOWNED, status: Unable to open drive

Check integrity of the drive, drive path, and media

Any ideas? Thanks

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.