Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] scsi reserve/release issues with win2k

2002-12-03 11:31:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] scsi reserve/release issues with win2k
From: morms AT es DOT com (morms AT es DOT com)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:31:13 -0700
Hello all,

I have been advised by Veritas technical support to implement scsi
reserve/release  to resolve some media write errors.  I have a Win2k master
with 5 Win2k SSO media servers and one Solaris media server- all DataCenter
341_3.
The problem is that when I put the ENABLE_SCSI_RESERVE files in place and
restart the services,  I start getting drives that go into the PEND_TLD state--
reserved by one of three win2k servers.  This occurs even though the file has
been put on all the media servers & they have all been restarted.  The only way
I have found to release the drive is to reboot the fibre-scsi bridge (compaq
FCTC II).

Has anyone else had any problems implementing this on win2k?
Any good theories are appreciated.

thanks,
Melinda Orms