Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Communications buffer size

2002-11-25 10:33:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Communications buffer size
From: Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be (Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:33:25 +0100
Environment : Netbackup 4.5 MP2 on Windows.

According to several documents I found on the Veritas support site, the
communications buffer size on the client side should be equal to the size
of NET_BUFFER_SZ which is in 4.5 a formula :

backups : (<data buffer size> * 4) + 1024
restores :  (<data buffer size> * 2) + 1024

In my case the value for the data buffer size is 65536 bytes abd thus the
NET_BUFFER_SZ is 263168 bytes.

Should I increase the default value of 32768 bytes to 263168 bytes for the
communications buffer on all clients ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Bruno