Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] i/o error and NBU rc84 on STK9840 tape drives

2002-11-21 10:28:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] i/o error and NBU rc84 on STK9840 tape drives
From: Barbara_L_Cote AT tvratings DOT com (Cote, Barbara)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:28:18 -0500
We have also experienced a more than normal amount of tape errors since
converting to the 9840Bs.  The drives and tapes both checked out okay by
themselves.  Speculation from STK is that the faster tape drives are not as
forgiving to tape errors as the slower 9840A's. Tape errors that were
recoverable with the 9840A's are not so recoverable with the 9840B's.  Makes
sense when you think about it.  We also found out that the tapes (Imation)
have not been certified for the faster drives.

Barb