Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Removing tapes from the library without removing tapes from the l ibrary

2002-11-22 15:54:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Removing tapes from the library without removing tapes from the l ibrary
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:54:24 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29269.570F7F50

So - I've got this dead library.

I'm trying to get some backups written to a tape drive that I've gotten
connected to NB just to move some stuff from the disk I've been buffering
backups to.  I'm running out of disk space and I've got to get some stuff
off to tape somehow.  I'm running the tape drive in AVR mode.

When I do a backup job, it's requesting a tape in the dead library to be
mounted rather than grabbing the scratch tape I've got stuffed in the
stand-alone drive.  How do I get the job to backup to this specific drive
(the other library drives are DOWN).

Ideas?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29269.570F7F50

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Removing tapes from the library without removing tapes from the =
library</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>So - I've got this dead library.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm trying to get some backups written to a tape =
drive that I've gotten connected to NB just to move some stuff from the =
disk I've been buffering backups to.&nbsp; I'm running out of disk =
space and I've got to get some stuff off to tape somehow.&nbsp; I'm =
running the tape drive in AVR mode.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>When I do a backup job, it's requesting a tape in the =
dead library to be mounted rather than grabbing the scratch tape I've =
got stuffed in the stand-alone drive.&nbsp; How do I get the job to =
backup to this specific drive (the other library drives are =
DOWN).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Ideas?</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>