Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Relative performance of 9840a's and 9940Bs under NT and W2K.

2002-11-21 17:41:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Relative performance of 9840a's and 9940Bs under NT and W2K.
From: Geibel, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Geibel AT disney DOT com (Geibel, Jonathan)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:41:45 -0800 (PST)
We're in the process of moving our backup system to using an array of 7 FC
9940B drives in an STK powderhorn robot..  over the past few weeks we've
been doing some general benchmarking with the drives and have achieved
greater than 31MB/sec per drive with an average around 26MB/sec with live
data (the tests were done against several TBs of images).

we're using a sun E450 as our test media server with gig network pipes to
the data..