Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL on NT 4.0

2002-11-20 16:29:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL on NT 4.0
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:29:00 -0500
I'm not too sure what you're doing exactly.  It sounds like you're
installing the SQL client and then trying to install SQL, but I'm sure I'm
just misunderstanding you.

According to the MS DLL help database
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/fileversion/dl
linfo.asp&fp=1), this is the process status helper.  (The DLL database is an
extraordinarily useful site BTW.)  According to MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/perfmon/ba
se/process_status_helper.asp), the process status helper makes it easier to
obtain information about processes and device drivers.  I looked on an NT 4
Server SP6a machine with the 3.4.1 client loaded (but no SQL) and didn't
find the dll.  I just finished upgrading my servers to 4.5, and haven't
updated this client yet, so I installed the 4.5 client and maintenance
release 2 and still couldn't find the dll.

Among other places, you can find the file in \support\debug\i386 in the NT 4
Server installation CD.  Just for kicks, I would copy/register the dll from
the Server CD and then try again.  It may not be the right version, but it's
a quick task.  Just for good measure, I would make sure the NT 4 machine is
also running the latest service pack before anything else.

Matt