Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media id was not found in NB media database??

2002-11-20 14:53:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media id was not found in NB media database??
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:53:16 -0500
It sounds like the media is blank or all its images are expired (the media
is unassigned).  If it's unassigned, you'll get this error message when you
try to freeze it (at least I did when I tried it on a few unassigned media
on my system).  I was able to freeze and unfreeze assigned volumes.  My
understanding of freezing is that it allows you to restore from images on
media even after they've expired.  It also prevents new archives/backups
from being written to the media.  If the media is unassigned, it will show
up as available.

Matt