Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master Server rebuild - crisis!

2002-11-20 00:48:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master Server rebuild - crisis!
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 05:48:31 -0000
I really hope someone can offer some assistance. Failing that I will pray
for a miracle :) .....

You all may recall that my master server has been having HUGE performance
degrades! Everything has been checked and no problem has yet to be
identified.

Our worse fears came true last weekend we lost ALL our Data!!! We were also
unable to restore ALL the Data because we simply have not had any good
backups.

This is a real crisis. I would like to know if it is possible to perform one
of the following tasks

(1) Replace our current Compaq Server with a NEW Server and reinstall NT and
Netbackup but make this the Master Server.
(2) If this is carried out, what happens to our Media Server?

Believe me when I say this, but we have YET to find the cause of this
problem and I am now looking at this from a Hardware level, even though
nothing is being reported.

Could anyone offer some advice? I would be eternally grateful

Thanks

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.