Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] packaging of NBU clients?

2002-11-14 16:05:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] packaging of NBU clients?
From: WTS AT Maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:05:38 -0500
Thanks for the quick replies, Paul and Katherine!

Paul Yahnig wrote:
> Yes it is actually very simple.  If your clients are already running, you can
> use the update_clients
> script and it will do a push for you.  You can patch the master server and
> let it do the push of the
> updated clients.  I have 90+ clients, do the updates in about 90 minutes.

I'll have about the same number, with an additional 30 or so Windows
clients and servers and a half dozen Novell Netware machines.  But most
of my unix machines don't have an ftp server and don't do RSH.  Does
this "push" use Netbackup software or something else?

For first time installs, most use the CD?

Thanks and cheers, wayne
--

Wayne T. Smith -- WTS AT Maine DOT edu
University of Maine System -- UNET -- Systems Software Analyst