Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] packaging of NBU clients?

2002-11-15 03:44:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] packaging of NBU clients?
From: Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be (Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:44:13 +0100
I used to package the HP-UX and AIX Netbackup Client into Software
Distributor so that we could install it via swinstall on our HP-UX and AIX
machines. If there exist a Solaris version of SD, than you could do the
same for Solaris machines. Check out the HP site to find more information
of SD.

Bruno

                    "Donaldson, Mark"

                    <[email protected]       To:     "'Wayne T.
Smith'" <WTSmith AT maine DOT edu>, Veritas Netbackup mailing
                    om>                                  list <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    Sent by:                            cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.       Subject:     RE:
[Veritas-bu] packaging of NBU clients?
                    auburn.edu

                    11/15/2002 08:21

The previous note is correct on how NB installs to Unix but you can also
sneak the NB client in with a tarball.

Tar the /usr/openv/netbackup directory from a matching OS client and untar
on the new client in the same place.  Change the bp.conf entry for the
CLIENT to the new client name.

Add the NB entries to /etc/services & /etc/inetd.conf, HUP the inetd daemon
and it should work.

HTH - Mark