Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] packaging of NBU clients?

2002-11-14 15:18:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] packaging of NBU clients?
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T. Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:18:42 -0500
(I'm a new user of NBU/DC 4.5 on a Solaris v880; previous experience
with IBM TSM)

How do people install and upgrade the client software for NBU?

Does anyone repackage clients on the net? It appears that veritas
expects you to run around with the set of CDs, install client, and then
download and install patches (MP2).  Does anyone just setup a local
redistribution of already patched software in an installable file? It
would seem so much more efficient for veritas to do this, maybe I'm
missing something?

Thanks and cheers, wayne
--

Wayne T. Smith -- WTSmith AT Maine DOT edu
University of Maine System -- UNET -- Systems Software Analyst