Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L700 and Backup Performance

2002-11-14 12:53:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L700 and Backup Performance
From: cfarmer AT veritas DOT com (Skip Farmer)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:53:31 -0500
Dennis,

Check the /kernel/drv/st.conf for settings that may be in there and make
sure you have the appropriate ones for the DLT8000.
Run a single test job to it and check the performance. You can create the
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bptm directory on the media server to log
information about the job that seems to be running slower.
make a note of the L700e firmware and the drive microcodes and make sure the
drive microcodes match before running the test.
Are you re-using tapes? You may want to try running to a blank tape as
opposed to one of the other tapes and see if that makes a difference as
well.

Skip