Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO Performance

2002-11-13 14:58:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO Performance
From: Wayne.Cierkowski AT harpercollins DOT com (Cierkowski, Wayne)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:58:14 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C28B4F.007FFBE0

We are considering implementing Veritas SSO option on a number of our large
file and SQL servers. We have a Compaq SAN with a pair of HSG80 controllers.
LUNS are created in 160GB sizes. We are also going to keep two tape devices
to each fiber connection, we are considering a library with SDLT160/320
drives.

Has anyone had great performance improvements using SSO in a SAN environment
versus the normal backup path of over the network and through a singe
master/media server? If so what is a typical performance bump after
implementation?

Also any advise or concerns I should be aware of before I implement?

Thanks,

Wayne

This message is intended only for the use of the individuals to which it is
addressed
and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in
error;
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is
prohibited.
by reply
e-mail and delete this message and all of its attachments.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C28B4F.007FFBE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>SSO Performance</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">We are considering implementing Veritas S=
SO option on a number of our large file and SQL servers. We have a Compaq S=
AN with a pair of HSG80 controllers. LUNS are created in 160GB sizes. We ar=
e also going to keep two tape devices to each fiber connection, we are cons=
idering a library with SDLT160/320 drives.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Has anyone had great performance improvem=
ents using SSO in a SAN environment versus the normal backup path of over t=
he network and through a singe master/media server? If so what is a typical=
 performance bump after implementation? </FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Also any advise or concerns I should be a=
ware of before I implement?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Wayne </FONT>
</P>

<CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
***************************************************************<BR>
This message is intended only for the use of the individuals to which it is=
 addressed <BR>
and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are=
 not the intended <BR>
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission=
 in error; <BR>
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is =
prohibited.<BR>
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediat=
ely by reply <BR>
e-mail and delete this message and all of its attachments.<BR>
</FONT></CODE>
</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C28B4F.007FFBE0--