Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] CommVault -> Netbackup

2002-11-12 15:41:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] CommVault -> Netbackup
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:41:32 -0700
I can only hope that the other backup product has a tar format. I don't know
CommVault but most backup vendors limit you to their format to lock you in
and this is what they want.

If you could do a commvault restore and redirect it to another tape device
instead of disk then you might be able to do a netbackup backup of it. You
will probably need some HSM software and would have to define the restore as
aged so it would get put to tape directly.

Hope that helps but I doubt it. To many ifs for my liking.