Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Barcode Tag Rules

2002-11-07 11:59:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Barcode Tag Rules
From: Gary Losito" <gary AT losito DOT ws (Gary Losito)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:59:41 EST
Hi all,

My question involves BarCode rules - I'm trying to setup a rule that will
separate tapes based on numbering in a similar fashion:

001000-001499 -> volumepool1
001500-001999 -> volumepool2
002000-002499 -> volumepool3

.. and so on. Basically I'm trying to associate 500 tapes at a time into
separate pools. The only problem is that I can't figture out how to define this
rule in the settings since it is not clear in the help file and the pdf from
Veritas' support site does not say what to write in the "Barcode Tag" field
under "Inventory Robot" -> "Barcode Rules" -> "New".

Based on what I've come across from previous posts I can only find issues about
CLN labels (cleaning) - that makes it much easier to experiment with as many
have just placed "CLN" in the Barcode Tag field and once it comes across that
string match, it moves it to the proper pool.  I'm wondering if Veritas
supports tagging the way I'm needing it to.

Thanks,
Gary