Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backups offsite

2002-11-07 09:31:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backups offsite
From: Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be (Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:31:11 +0100
There is a work-around for the problem I have. You need to create a dummy
file which contains the device path that you would normally use with the
-tpath option (e.g. \\.\Tape0). Then, run bpbackup -tpath dummyfile and it
should work.

The problem I have now is that the bpbackupdb does not mount the tape I
specify. I have to mount it manually e.g. via robtest. When that is done, I
can run bpbackupdb without the -m mediaid option. I will see whether
installing MP2 will fix this issue.

Bruno

                    "Hillebrand,

                    Bradly W."           To:     <Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT
be>
                    <bhillebrand@f       cc:     <Veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    hlbi.com>            Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] Catalog
backups offsite

                    11/06/2002

                    20:24

I just tried that and it still used the tape configured in the GUI.

Thanks,

Brad Hillebrand
FHLBI

Have you tried option -m in stead of -rv ?

                    "Hillebrand,

                    Bradly W."           To:
<Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be>
                    <bhillebrand@f       cc:

                    hlbi.com>            Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu]
Catalog backups offsite

                    11/06/2002

                    18:46

I just tried this and got the same results.  Also, I would like to
backup my catalog to a specific tape, ie:
Bpbackupdb -tpath \\.\Tape0 -rv 005106
However, when I try this I get the error that the device path is
unknown.  I also tried:
Bpbackupdb -rv 005106
And it actually used tape 005000, which is the one configured from the
GUI.

Any suggestions?

BTW, I am on Win2k sp3 and NB 4.5 with nb_45_2 applied.

Thanks,

Brad Hillebrand
FHLBI