Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] Stop/Start Windows NT Service before/after backup]

2002-11-01 04:52:57
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] Stop/Start Windows NT Service before/after backup]
From: javier.graf AT usa DOT net (jago)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 01:52:57 -0800
Hi Simon;
If I'm not wrong you are running NBU on nt, so you must create the files on
your client:

\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpstart_notify.CLASS.SCHEDULE.bat
or
\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpend_notify.CLASS.SCHEDULE.bat

Place inside the files your scripts and take care that each notification runs
once pro stream!

Javier

Javier Gonzalez
DATASEC Software GmbH
www.datasec.ch

i Simon,

"WEAVER, Simon" <Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com> wrote:
> Hello
> I am unable to find the BPSTOP or BPSTART.bat files in order to try to make
> a specific Windows NT Service stop when a backup is about to start, and
then
> restart the service when the Backup completes.
>
> I thought it was on the goodies directory, but maybe I am looking in the
> wrong place or the wrong file name.
>
> Anyone used this files or could share some examples on how to do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon Weaver
> NT Domain Administrator
> Ext. 5544
> Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
> Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com
>
> ..
> This email is for the intended addressee only.
> If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
> or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
> The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
> Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

> Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259
> Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AS,
England