Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Daily batch of status notifications? NB 3.4

2002-10-28 08:28:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Daily batch of status notifications? NB 3.4
From: Will.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:28:46 -0500

> > Is there a way to send one email a day with a list of
> > the exit status codes for the previous night's backups?
>
> Try this:
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -U -backstat \
>    -hoursago 24 -by_statcode

   I have my Master Server run this ever morning and then chop up the output
several ways: one very brief report comes to my phone at 7:15, and two longer
reports go to my email box at work just before I get in.
   Just bear in mind that this can return multi-line output, so you'll need to
do some fun stuff with sed in your scripts!
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator