Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dual homed servers & clients

2002-10-25 19:02:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dual homed servers & clients
From: Michelle.Stone AT kla-tencor DOT com (Stone, Michelle)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:02:27 -0700
We do this.  We have to backup on both networks since we have some legacy
machines not on the backup network.

So we have both a master and a master-b name. (question 1)

On the client side, if you push your client installs from your master, your
client will get a copy of the master's bp.conf file.  So just make sure you
have both names listed in your master's bp.conf before you push.  Then edit
the bp.conf file on the client side to remove the production interface name
of the master.  Make sure that the client name in the client bp.conf file is
the backup network name.

We don't use a required interface directive.  But we try to make sure that
the client bp.conf file has only one network to look at.

Michelle