Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multistreamed backup question (NBU4.5)

2002-10-15 03:48:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multistreamed backup question (NBU4.5)
From: andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com (andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:48:01 +0100 (BST)
Master Server:
Solaris 8
NBU 4.5 (Patch 1)

SAN Media Server
W2K Advanced Server
NBU 4.5 (Patch 1)

Drives
STK 9940A (Fibre channel attached)

I have a backup job for the W2K SAN Media Server, that backs up
the local drive (C Drive) and a SAN attached
drive (E Drive).

However I am seeing fairly poor backup times when I have the
Backup Policy set to Multiple Streams.

Does anyone know of anything that might be efftecing this?

e.g. If I backup the SAN drive on its own, I get roughly 9Mb/sec
If I backup the C & E drives I get 3MB on the C drive,
and 4MB on the SAN drive (even after the C drive has finished backing up).

The server is a dual PIII Compaq ProLiant DL360 (running MSCS).

Thanks,

Andy Skates

andyskates AT iname DOT com