Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Two problems in one ?

2002-10-08 03:34:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Two problems in one ?
From: eulrich AT jetmultimedia DOT fr (Emmanuel ULRICH)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:34:00 +0200
Hello everybody,

i'm using Netbackup 3.4 GA with Linux with 2 HP surestore 2/20 robot. i
have 4 drives and while two scheduled class job are launched only one is
being backuped while the other is "queued". I mean only two drives are
used for the backup while two others are free.
No drives get "Downed" and i get no SCSI errors. I try to launch a clean
cycle and get the following alert :

Time stamp Invalid New tape Alert status - Tape Alert Flag 22.

Here's my question :

can it be possible that the drive aren't used due to cycle cleaning
failure ? And how does Netbackup assign jobs to free Drives ?

Many thanks for any hints regarding that issue.

Regards, Emmanuel.