Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multi-homed media server?

2002-10-01 12:23:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multi-homed media server?
From: Sibley_Ken AT accor-na DOT com (SIBLEY, Ken R. - ACCOR-NA)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:23:51 -0500
I am a little behind on reading messages from the list, but I do
not see where anyone else has responded to this.  We run our master
and one of our media servers on multiple subnets.  We even use
Sun Trunking for our master on two seperate subnets for better
throughput and it works great.

Just make sure the "hostname" of the master is the first server
listed in all of the bp.conf files and then the other hostnames
for any media servers.  Qualification to that last statement:
The name must match the name the media server will use to talk
to the master server (or wherever the vol db is for that
media server).  This is only an issue if you have private networks
that the master cannot route to.

Good Luck,
Ken Sibley
Sr. Unix Admin