Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multiple cart import fails

2002-09-30 00:26:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multiple cart import fails
From: garzon77 AT hotmail DOT com (Garzo Nolte)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 04:26:03 +0000
Hi All,
I look after several environments and for various reasons I use different
versions of NBU and run it on different platforms.
The problem is that I have discovered that if I run an import for a set of
carts it consistently fails on W2K whether I happen to be running NBU 3.4 or
4.5 (patched or unpatched) and it also doesn't matter what NBU version the
backup occurred on and further more it also happens when the W2K box is the
Media Server and the Master is Solaris.

However, when I run an import on a Solaris server running 3.4GA (unpatched)
of backups that are from a W2K NBU Master it works perfectly.

The failure is during the image import (phase 2).
Always a number of carts into the job.
The drive technology is DLT7000, I have used five different libraries, five
diffirent media servers, with 8 drives across all of these systems, with two
media servers providing the source tapes, so I have ruled out hardware as
the source of the problem.

Any ideas as to what the problem is would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Garzo Nolte