Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB admin as a "normal" user

2002-09-27 02:59:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB admin as a "normal" user
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:59:48 -0500
there's a chapter on this in the admin guide.

they have a non root script that will make most changes on the file system and
for java there is an auth.conf file.

- Scott

                    Espen Martinsen

                    <Espen.Martinsen AT mnemonic DOT no>        To:
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] NB admin as a "normal" user
                    auburn.edu

                    09/27/2002 12:18 AM

                    Please respond to Espen

                    Martinsen

Hi,
  when I start "/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA" and log in to the
  NB/media-server as "root", I get the whole admin-interface.

  When I do this as a "normal" user, I just get the
  backup/restore functionality.

  Is it possible to give a normal user "NB-admin-rights" ?

  ..and if yes - how?

Yours
Espen Martinsen                       Email : esm AT mnemonic DOT no
Mnemonic AS, Waldemar Thranesgt. 77   Phone : +47 2299 9710/00
                                      Mobil : +47 915 88 485
N-0175 Oslo, NORWAY                   Fax   : +47 2299 9701
(PADI AOW 87191)                       http://www.mnemonic.no/
pgp print =  99CD 4027 36F4 0A4F 68DA 2925 327A 5BCF 9C21 F277