Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] database backup

2002-09-24 21:01:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] database backup
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:01:10 -0400
Hello Steve

You said that this was a home brew data base system.

Can you tell us a little more.
Which O/S are you using? Hardware? and Filesystem?  A raw filesystem?

Can you back this up with another backup program and restore it correctly? For
example tar, ntbackup.
Can you copy the files to another filesystem and then to your restore location?

A wild guess is this might be a sparse file problem.

len