Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Exchange 5.5

2002-09-25 10:00:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Exchange 5.5
From: MTNiehaus AT MarathonOil DOT com (Niehaus, Michael T.)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:00:35 -0500
You'll definitely want to read the manuals - they're all out on the Veritas web
site.

You'll need to install the following on the Exchange server:

1.  NetBackup client 3.4.
2.  J0850645 client patch (not necessary if you installed 3.4.1).
3.  NetBackup Exchange database agent.
4.  NetBackup NB341_3 (preferred - you could also do NB341_2 plus some patches).
5.  Modify the NetBackup client service to run as an account that has admin
rights to Exchange and to the server.

Then you need to create an Exchange policy with the appropriate Exchange 5.5
directives, and you should be set.

-Michael