Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] retention levels and vaulting

2002-09-25 09:44:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] retention levels and vaulting
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:44:00 -0700
Retention levels are usually a business requirement, but here's some
generalities for you.

Offsite 1 set of fulls each week for DR purposes (rotate as desired; 2 -
4 weeks is usually sufficient).  Offsite 1 set of fulls each month for
archive purposes (permanent, no rotation unless you hit a 7 - 10 year
watermark).  Use Vault to duplicate the fulls you keep onsite in order
to make the offsite copies and set different retention levels on those
if you wish.  Don't forget to send along a good copy of the catalogue
tape...

~JK