Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups Behind a Firewall

2002-09-24 15:56:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups Behind a Firewall
From: Ajay.Sharma AT hostcentric DOT com (Ajay Sharma)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:56:59 -0400
Hello,

My apologies in advance if this question was asked before. I have a NB
4.5 master/media server running on solaris. I need to block the client's
(that are outside the firewall ) access to all the services on the
master server except for the netbackup service ports. Is there a way I
can accomplish that without changing anything on the clients
configuration ( ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS or PORT_WINDOWS ). Is there a
document that i can refer to? The netbackup faq o matic will ask me to
change the configuration on both the client and server. Please help.

Thanks.
Ajay.