Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Auto Ejecting from an STK9310 using ACSLS

2002-09-24 11:42:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Auto Ejecting from an STK9310 using ACSLS
From: sgarrett-veritas-ug AT technomancer DOT com (Scott Garrett)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:42:21 -0400
Quoting "David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff DOT com>:

> Kelli:
>
> The only way you can do it with ACSLS today is to either write an app that
> talks to their API, or from a script on the NBU server use rsh.

And what would you do when you rsh?  A pointer to some real information on the
ACSLS system would help.  I have not been able to find any useful information,
and have not been able to make the "eject" command in the acsss bin actually DO
anything.

Or, where can I find API information.  I'm not opposed to writing a util either.

> Well, there's a third way too as I think about it...not my most favorite
> because it does take a tad bit longer in my opinion.
>
> vmchange -res -m $id -mt $DENSITY -rt none -e -sec 1

Doesn't work with the acs at all:

# vmchange -res -m BBB482 -mt hcart -rt none -e -sec 1
Could not change media ID BBB482: cannot auto-eject this robot type (51)

--
        Scott Garrett     mailto:sgarrett AT technomancer DOT com
                                          http://www.technomancer.com

    *** No matter what you do, you'll never outsmart the squirrels.