Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup fails with status 24

2002-09-23 20:19:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup fails with status 24
From: dbosen AT aglresources DOT com (David Bosen)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:19:27 -0400
I'm getting a single client machine failure in my daily routine. The errors in
the
bpbrm log are:

"bpbrm main: from client agbak30u: Cannot write to STDOUT. Errno = 32: Broken
Pipe"
"client agbak30u EXIT STATUS = 24: socket write failed"

I have read the infodocs on tcp_time_wait_interval and both the master and the
client
have it set to 1000. Both master and client are running Solaris 8 with latest
OS patches.
NetBackup version is 3.4 patched up to NB34_3.

This is the only client that I am seeing this failure on (40+ others succeeding
just fine).
Has anybody else seen this and if so, what else can I check to find the cause?

Dave Bosen
AGL Resources, Atlanta, GA