Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Firewall Config for 4.5

2002-09-23 03:37:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Firewall Config for 4.5
From: arne AT topnet DOT de (Arne Kloecker)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:37:05 +0200
Hi Kate,

Am Freitag, 20. September 2002 17:48 schrieb Greenberg, Katherine A:

> Trying to backup A (as in one) file through a firewall. From what I can
> tell, the firewall configuration is OK. I've configured the client to
> ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS, all bp.conf info is correct, etc...

Umm... i had o contact to version 4.5 yet,  but with 3.4x i would recommend
the following:

On the Client you will have to put the following in the bp.conf (or registry):
CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW *firstport* *lastport*

On the Servers you add:
CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW = *firstport* *lastport*
SERVER_PORT_WINDOW = *firstport* *lastport*

Where *firstport* and *lastport* define a range of highports fpr the data
streams. I have been told to calculate 2 ports for each stream.

Also you will need to allow the clients to use high ports by doing this (on
Unix):
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpclient -client *clientname* -add
-connect_nr_port 1

A short summary for the firewall rules in thsi setup:

Client needs to contact server on port 13720 TCP (bprd)
Server needs to contact client on port 13782 TCP (bpcd)
Both need to contact each other in the port-range TCP you defined.

HTH
Arne