Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Assign a new media for Catalog Backup

2002-09-22 07:19:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Assign a new media for Catalog Backup
From: ritar AT techunix.technion.ac DOT il (Rita Reznikov)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:19:34 +0300 (IDT)
Hello,

   we encountered a problem of assigning a new media (from scratch-pool)
   for catalog backup.
   We are currently using two tapes for this purpose. We tried to
   assign the new pair of tapes. The tapes we took were once in use
   by netbackup for regular client backups. Now they are expired
   and we assigned them to NetBackup pool.

   But, after trying to backup the catalog on the newly assigned tape
   the backup fails each time with the following errors in the bptm log
   file:
11:31:15 [11574] <2> io_read_media_header: block read is not a NetBackup
media header, len = 1024, media id CC0521, drive index 2, data is
NetBackup database backup

  Do any of you guys have an idea what should be done?

----
    Thanks,

              Rita Reznikov

    UNIX Group