Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] S.S.O with SDLT

2002-09-18 12:15:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] S.S.O with SDLT
From: anderson.david AT scrippshealth DOT org (Anderson, David)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:15:55 -0700
Robert,

Ah, sounds very familiar.

You didn't identify your configuration, so let me guess.
- NBU 3.4.x (without Jumbo Patch 3 maybe?)
- Windows (NT or 2000)

If this is right, this is a well known problem.  Jumbo Patch 3 was supposed
to "mask" the problem, but we found that it did not.  Version 4.5 is a lot
more stable in that respect.  The issue is "Reserve Release", look it up on
the support web site for some background reading.  However, the "fixes" and
logic are just plain wrong.  A little corporate damage control is my
opinion!

We also had issues with Gigabit Ethernet NIC's and a non-Compaq Library in a
totally Compaq SAN, but that's another story.  We had to install a "back
channel" to allow the netbackup servers to communicate directly (avoiding
the very busy network connection).

David Anderson
ScrippsHealth Information Services
anderson.david AT scrippshealth DOT org