Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Post 4.5 Options

2002-09-18 11:07:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Post 4.5 Options
From: MTNiehaus AT MarathonOil DOT com (Niehaus, Michael T.)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:07:53 -0500
I ran "cat_convert" on my Windows 2000 master server and ended up, several
hours later, restoring the catalog files from backup after they were corrupted.
 Based on that initial experience, I didn't try it again and instead waited for
the old ones to just roll off.  If you do try it, don't update the files in
place - copy the converted files to a new location then maybe try a few before
you overlay the whole batch.

I don't think NetBackup has to be stopped.

-Michael