Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude directory from NDMP backup

2002-09-18 09:53:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude directory from NDMP backup
From: Steve Kappel <steve.kappel AT veritas DOT com> (Steve Kappel)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:53:41 -0500 (CDT)
Sandeep wrote:
>                          We hv a setup
>1. Veritas Netbackup DC 3.4 GA
>2. Netfiler - NDMp backup having 2 volumes /vol/vol0 and /vol/vol1
>
>The Netfiler is backup using NDMP, I would like to exclude few directory from
>/vol/vol1 and /vol/vol0. I hv checked on my Media Server end where filerclass
>is defined i.e. "/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/filerclass/includes" file
>exists. This file has an entry like
>/vol/vol0
>/vol/vol1
>
> How to exclude files from /vol/vol0 and /vol/vol1,   when using NetBackup and
>How to sets the EXCLUDE NDMP environmental variable.
> DO i need to create the excludes file and define in that ... or should I
>update "/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/filerclass/includes" file...

Page 43 of the NetBackup 3.4 for NDMP System Administrator's Guide
(June 2000) has examples of setting NDMP environment variables
in the client file list GUI.

The syntax of the NDMP EXCLUDE environment variable is NAS-vendor-
specific.

Steve Kappel                       steve.kappel AT veritas DOT com
VERITAS Software (Engineering)