Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Rename Master Server

2002-09-17 04:55:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Rename Master Server
From: dave.markham AT icl DOT net (David Markham)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:55:02 +0100
Following on from this. I have a need to change a master server on one site
to be the same name as the master server on another site. This is so i can
transfer the netbackup databases from one site to the other. Transfer some
tapes and then be able to know whats on each tape.

This is for a Disaster recovery scenario where we have 2 sites. Client names
are different on each site though.

Any thoughts on a procedure?

Netbackup 3.2 GA on Solaris 8 with an L1000 storage unit with 4 DLT drives

Thanks