Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Rename Master Server

2002-09-16 19:19:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Rename Master Server
From: ssesar AT rcn DOT com (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:19:33 -0400
On Monday 16 September 2002 15:10, Brian_Drager AT vanguard DOT com wrote:
> We have NB 3.4.1 running on Solaris 2.8. It's a master/media server. How
> difficult is it to change the name of the server? What configuration
> changes have to be made on the NT clients & UNIX clients for data backup?
>
> Thanks

Don't do it!!!! Not if you intend on being able to restore images backed up
using the old hostname. Although, yes, you would have to reconfigure each
client to point to your new master server, but that's the least of it. The
real problem is that the hostname of the master server is deeply embedded in
your database catalogs.