Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] calculating media mount and tape postion overhead.

2002-09-13 15:23:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] calculating media mount and tape postion overhead.
From: vbperry AT hotmail DOT com (Perry Brown)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:23:28 +0000
Hi All,

We are trying to find out what the delta is for tape mounts and tape
position for our backup environments. Running 3.4.3 DataCenter.

One number I am pulling is from bperror -all | grep KBytes, I'll grep -v
(duplicate) so I am looking at only backups and not duplication. This number
looks to give the thruput of the job with mounts and positioning not
factored in. Correct?

The command that looks to give me the thruput with mounts and positioning is
bpimagelist -L taking the amount data backed up and dividing it by the
amount of seconds it took to back it up. This looks to show with mounts and
posistioning envolved, at least the KBytes per second are different.
Correct?

Does anyone know of a better method for getting these numbers?

Thank you
Perry