Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Emulex LP 8000 drivers for Netbackup 3.4.1

2002-09-12 11:16:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Emulex LP 8000 drivers for Netbackup 3.4.1
From: pawilhelm AT davidson DOT edu (Wilhelm, Patrick)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:16:53 -0400
We've recently rev'd up our drivers for our Emulex LP8000 HBAs on a Dell 2550
(W2K) to 2.11a2, and have experienced problems with NB, with the server never
recognizing that the drive is loaded.  Because NB never gets notification, it
assumes the drive is unavailable, and downs it.

We utilize SSO with four SAN attached LTO drives in an L700 tape library.  Has
anyone else experienced this type problem?

Or does anyone know of a different driver or config. trick to get around this
problem?

Patrick Wilhelm
Davidson College - ITS
704-894-2569