Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Increasing size of volume (mirrored)

2002-09-11 18:57:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Increasing size of volume (mirrored)
From: rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com (rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:57:39 -0700
--=_alternative 007E5F2F88256C31_=

Hello,

I'm running Volume Manager, version VERITAS-3.1.1m-GA:30-January-2001, on
a Solaris 8 box.  I have a mirrored volume (2-disks mirrored) that I wish
to grow.  The admin guide gives instructions on how to resize using
vxresize.  My question is: Using this vxresize command and specifying two
unused disks in the diskgroup, will the resulting volume be two-striped
mirror?  The admin guide did not specify what the outcome will look like
other than increase in size.

The original volume is setup as type:concatenated and mirrored, I did not
foresee this volume to be highly used.

Regards,

Rene
--=_alternative 007E5F2F88256C31_=

VERITAS-3.1.1m-GA:30-January-2001, on a Solaris 8 box. &nbsp;I have a mirrored
volume (2-disks mirrored) that I wish to grow. &nbsp;The admin guide gives
instructions on how to resize using vxresize. &nbsp;My question is: Using this
vxresize command and specifying two unused disks in the diskgroup, will the
resulting volume be two-striped mirror? &nbsp;The admin guide did not specify
what the outcome will look like other than increase in size.</font>
type:concatenated and mirrored, I did not foresee this volume to be highly
used.</font>
--=_alternative 007E5F2F88256C31_=--