Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Server gone!!

2002-09-10 08:26:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Server gone!!
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:26:16 +0100
Guys,
I hope someone could confirm my actions....

Running 3.4 Net backup on 2 x NT4 Servers - one master and one media.

Our Media Server exploded!! We lost a physical Compaq Array that our Net
backup Software was installed on. At the moment the System is going through
a Chkdsk on its existing arrays. I have no idea at this time whether all the
data is going to be intact of even functioning.

To this end, my last resort would be to restore the Media Server from a Full
Backup. Because my Master Server is online could I activate the Restore from
there, and point it to my Media Server?

Any help is gratefully appreciated

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.