Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robotic drive assignment

2002-09-05 11:09:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robotic drive assignment
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:09:29 -0700
I have 2 filers that I want to share robotic drives.  There are 6 drives
attached to Vixel switch via fiber.  Each filer sees all 6 drives, but
obviously they can't use them at the same time.  What I'm trying to do
is manipulate schedules such that filerA uses all 6 drives one night and
filerB uses all 6 the next (or something closer if it's fast enough).

I can create the storage units for each filer but I can't create devices
for each filer usign the same drives.  I get a robotic drive error -
robot drive number is in use for this robot.

Is there a way to make this work or am I sol?

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy