Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups failing with error code 219

2002-09-04 08:09:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups failing with error code 219
From: browndav AT bronsonhg DOT org (David Brown)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 08:09:42 -0400
Hopefully someone can provide some assistance to this new problem for me:

We are running Netbackup 4.5 on a Win2000 machine.  We are using one master and
one media server, both at 4.5.  Last night, all backups running through the
master server would instantly fail with the '219' error code, storage unit
unavailable.

We pointed all backups to run through the media server instead of the master
and everything ran fine.  Both machines are identical in their operating
systems and they are both set to only see the one 9714 tape library.
Everything had been running fine for the past few month, this problem just
appeared last night.

Any ideas what would cause this 219 error on the master all of a sudden?  We
have tried shutting down and restarting the master server a couple of times but
it has not cleared up the problem.

Thanks!

David Brown
McKesson Information Solutions