Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Any methods to report from DataCenter V4.5 jobs database (now in binary format)?

2002-09-03 12:21:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Any methods to report from DataCenter V4.5 jobs database (now in binary format)?
From: paul.cane AT storability DOT com (paul.cane AT storability DOT com)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:21:21 -0400
--=_alternative 00598F1F85256C29_=

Does anyone have any insights on how to report data from the new binary
format jobs database?  I would prefer to not use "bpdbjobs -report" as I
wish to avoid the aging out of jobs data.  Does anybody happen to know if
the data is being stored in some accessible format (e.g., as a mySql DB),
or is it proprietary, or what?  Has Veritas got any undocumented "goodies"
to get at this data without all of bpdbjobs side effects?

Paul C. Cane
Software Engineer
Storability, Incorporated
Business: 508-229-5713
Mobile: 508-509-8062

www.storability.com
Storage Management.  Made Simple.

--=_alternative 00598F1F85256C29_=

Does anyone have any insights on how to report data from the new binary format
jobs database? &nbsp;I would prefer to not use &quot;bpdbjobs -report&quot; as
I wish to avoid the aging out of jobs data. &nbsp;Does anybody happen to know
if the data is being stored in some accessible format (e.g., as a mySql DB), or
is it proprietary, or what? &nbsp;Has Veritas got any undocumented
&quot;goodies&quot; to get at this data without all of bpdbjobs side
effects?<br>
Paul C. Cane<br>
Software Engineer<br>
Storability, Incorporated<br>
Business: 508-229-5713<br>
Mobile: 508-509-8062<br>
www.storability.com<br>
Storage Management. &nbsp;Made Simple.<br>
--=_alternative 00598F1F85256C29_=--