Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Microsoft Cluster service

2002-08-30 13:37:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Microsoft Cluster service
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:37:56 -0400
I would think you need to do it on the machines themselves.  The system
state contains things like boot files, the registry, and cluster service
information, along with several other things.  This type of data is local
and not capable of being owned by another cluster node.  You might be able
to point a system state backup at the cluster and have the backup succeed,
but my bet is that you'd only be backing up the system state for the machine
that was controlling the Cluster Group group at the time of the backup.

Matt