Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Questions

2002-08-29 17:16:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Questions
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:16:51 -0500
Well, I think if you buy the optional voodoo rubber chicken, and wave it
around your head exactly 6.4 times, then you'll be good to go.

:-)

<Karl:I hope you are smiling---I am>

The way I understand it...when 5.1 comes out there will be compatibility,
but there hasn't been any discussion beyond that.

I know Veritas needs to do something to address the tar limitations, so I
would imagine by the 5.1/Whatever.Whatever+1 that it might be slightly
different.  If it were me, and its not, but if it were, I wouldn't make it
backwards compatible to 3.4 with my next major release following 5.x.

Good luck getting any answer out of Veritas on this one...no slam to them, I
just think any software company would be off their nut if they tried to
speculate that far out in advance, unless they already had the plans in
stone.

Having said all that, who knows, they might...

nice answer huh?  Gee, I should have saved all you a bunch of time and just
said, I dunno. ;-)

David Chapa

David A. Chapa
Backup Storage Consultant